Some 95 percent of family businesses do not survive the third generation of ownership, says the Family Business Network. Those who survive have put in place a solid governance, adapted to the stages of development of their business.
Do you want to know where you stand and improve your odds for survival? Test the governance of your family business today with this self-assessment tool.
Note: This self-assessment spreadsheet was specifically designed for listed family owned small or medium sized listed company.
For more information, consult IFC Toolkit: Developing Corporate Governance Scorecards and IFC Family Business Governance Handbook.
Explore more resources about IFC Family Business Governance:
- Why you should start planning the governance of your family business
- What governance is adapted to your family business growth
- Is succession planning taboo in your family business
- Roles and conflict resolution in your family business
- Communication and conflict resolution in your family business
- Family managers versus outside managers in your family business
- Setting up the shareholder policy of your family business
- How to set up an effective board in your family business
Copyright © 2000 - 2017, International Finance Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
2121 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20433, www.ifc.org
The material in this work is copyrighted. Copying and/or transmitting portions or all of this work without permission may be a violation of applicable law. IFC does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the content included in this work, or for the conclusions or judgments described herein, and accepts no responsibility or liability for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the content whatsoever or for reliance thereon.